Updated: Nov 3, 2020
Ayurveda comes from India and is one of the oldest traditional system of medicine. The word Ayurveda comes from the Sanskrit words ayur (life) and veda(to know), making it the ‘science of life’. Ayurveda utilizes a series of elements such as diet, herbal treatment, and yogic breathing techniques to restore mental, physical, and spiritual health. Want to learn more about Ayurveda? keep reading here.
Check our tips below to learn ayurvedic practices to boost your immune system.
5 Recommended Ayurveda daily practices
1. Drink warm water instead of cold water.
2. Practice Yogasana, Pranayama, and meditation for at least 30 minutes. Learn pranayama below:
3. Cook with spices like turmeric, cumin, coriander, and garlic.
4. Drink herbal tea/decoction made from tulsi (basil), cinnamon, black pepper, dry ginger, and raisins - once or twice a day. Add jaggery (natural sugar) and/or fresh lemon juice to your taste.
5. Drink Golden Milk: Half teaspoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk/vegetable milk - once or twice a day. Learn how to prepare it below:
In case of sore throat or cough
1. Do steam inhalations with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds) once a day.
2. Have cloves mixed with natural honey 2-3 times a day in case of cough or sore throat. Learn the recipe below:
You must not rely on the information on our website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers.
Ministry of Ayush. 2020. Ayurveda Immunity Boosting Measures For Self Care | Ministry Of AYUSH | GOI. [online] Available at<http://ayush.gov.in/event/ayurveda-immunity-boosting-measures-self-care-during-covid-19-crisis>
Hari Sharma, H.M. Chandola, Gurdip Singh, and Gopal Basisht.The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.Dec 2007.1135-1150. [online] Available at http://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2007.7017-B